Wednesday, March 7, 2012

New Skill #1: Paper piecing

My 2012 New Years resolution is to learn as many new crafts and other useful skills as I can this year. I started off with paper piecing! My mom and I visited a quilt shop by my grandmother's house in Vermont and after talking to the nice little old ladies there I was convinced I had to try paper piecing! They also had a really beautiful batik selection that I felt I needed to take advantage of so we picked out a wreath pattern and some great fabrics to go with it.

I think I did pretty well for my first try! I'm definitely going to do paper piecing again! The instant gratification is so nice!


Detail shot. I love how the pieces are so tiny!:


The nice thing about this pattern is that they included a small tree pattern for beginners to put together before they jump into the big project. I didn't want the miniature block to go to waste so I appliqued it onto the back. Cute!

As part of my Christmas presents my mom got me the pattern and fabric to paper piece an adorable Arctic animals wall hanging! It has a penguin and harp seal! I'm very excited if you can't tell already from all of the exclamation points haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment