Sunday, June 2, 2013

Back to the blog!

After a 'brief' hiatus, I have decided to try and go back to really blogging my sewing. Really I just want to check off some of the 'to blog' reminders on my iPad, but it's probably good to have a place to show my work as well. Hopefully keeping this blog up will be easier now that I find that my iPhone takes better pictures than my actual camera. Imagine that.

One of the first projects I finished of the new year (about 5 days too late) was this cute table runner version of Aneela Hoey's Snowball pattern. I also used her Cherry Christmas fabric to make it and used a charm pack rather than fat eighths. The pattern really lent itself to becoming a table runner, though I admit I got the idea from Aneela's blog.


I used one of the bigger prints in green for the backing. Her little drawings are so cute! I'm also trying to improve on the neatness of free-motion quilting (which seams to be somewhat back-firing on my latest quilt but I'll post about that one later).



I also wanted to post a picture of on of Sweetwater's fall label crew projects - these cute Christmas refrigerator magnets using their newest (well now old) fabric line Mama Said Sew! Unfortunately, our fridge at home is stainless steal so they can only still to the side, but they're still quite adorable!


My goal is to post on here at least once or twice a week - hopefully I can stick to my goal! I also would like to change some of the design of the blog too...

No comments:

Post a Comment