Sunday, September 12, 2010

Fandango Tango Quilt blocks 1-3

Here's the first of the blocks of the Fandango Tango Quilt that I'm making as a surprise for Emily for her birthday. It's made with Fandango by Kate Spain, who coincidentally also design the fabric of my Christmas Mystery Block of the Month. Mom and I decided, however, that we did not like the brown borders and blocks in the quilt so we ordered a different large border and to make extra blocks of the other colors for the brown blocks.

Most fabrics only have two blocks made from them, but four will have three blocks to replace the brown.

Here's the 3 blocks of the first color:


A detail:



I'm very excited about this quilt and will more than likely be jealous of Emily when I'm done with it. The fabric is GORGEOUS!!! I have to keep to a schedule of approximately one fabric (2 blocks) a day, as I would like to send it out to be long-arm quilted. I found a very, very reasonable place who does it. I don't really have any ideas for my simple machine quilting that would look good.

Emily's birthday is November 12th. Ready! Set! Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment