Though I have not finished the Postage Stamp Quilt (the rick-rack did come in the mail though!), I have started the Martinique Quilt. It's made with the
Martinique line of fabric designed by 3 Sisters for Moda. I'm using the
Maison Bleue pattern by Crazy Old Ladies, who designed the pattern actually using Martinique. I cut out all of the Martinique fabrics for the flower/star shape thingies, but I only cut out the white background for 4 of the squares. Since there are 32 squares total, and since I'm doing this by hand, I've decided to do it in groups of 4. I'm one for somewhat instant gratification of goals. :)
Here's the first block I finished:

Very cute! I'm very excited as to how well it goes with my bedding too (the picture is taken with the square on one of my shams). Another quilt on the bed never hurts! And there's probably enough leftovers for more pillows too!
Hopefully tomorrow I'll finish the Postage Stamp Quilt...
No comments:
Post a Comment