Monday, July 26, 2010

Postage Stamp Quilt Update

Some how Friday became a very successful afternoon/evening for me. I started out with the goal to just baste the front, batting, and backing together, then the goal changed to a couple of lines, and then all of the sudden I had finished quilting the entire quilt! Crazy! Anyways, I decided to do diagonal lines through all of the squares and outline the 2 cents. I also when around on the borders too. To finish it, I have to get the jumbo rick-rack to go around the edge, so it's even more like a stamp (I keep on forgetting to order it), sewing it on, bind it and then it's all finished!

Here's the entire top:


Here's a detail. You can see the variegated thread I used, which turned out very nicely...



I'm supposed to be getting all the stuff for the Martinique quilt in the mail today... I'm so excited!

1 comment:

  1. This quilt looks great!! I can't wait to see the rick rack and final binding. The colors look great. I must admit I was a bit unsure at first.

    ReplyDelete