Basically, each month (for 12 months) I get shipped a new block that's a mystery, and in the meanwhile, put together the sashing strips from the finishing kit which involves stars, etc. It's a Christmas quilt - the fabric is called 12 Days of Christmas by Kate Spain for Moda.
Instead of doing it by machine (like in the directions and what normal people would do), I've decided to take this project into my own hands, literally, and sew the entire top together by hand. Anyways, onto some pictures. They're not really that good... I forgot to take some before the fabric was cut and before I started to piece things together.
A little bit of everything:
Some of the pieces not sew together...
A close up of some of the fun fabrics:
The block should be finished within the next day or so. Also, I'm really trying to work on the whole camera focus thing. My Mom told me that there is a macro setting for close up things, but I have to find it/play with it a little I think.

No comments:
Post a Comment