Sunday, June 6, 2010

A new quilt!

I received the fabric in the mail for my new quilt on Friday. Needless to say, I did not take long for me to jump in on the project (after finishing Jason's quilt, I need something new... pictures should be up soon). The colors are not my usual, which is a nice change, and I'm also on a new batik obsession, which can also be seen with the table runner. I'm using this pattern, so it should turn out cute (I'm crossing my fingers). I forgot to picture the borders, but hopefully next time I have the camera out, I will. :)

Here's most of the bali-pop out on the couch. It's the 'Mint Chip' flavor. :) There are also some strips sewn together already...



A (blurry) close up of some of the bali strips and the some strips already pieced together:



Some more of the pieced together strips that will eventually become the blocks of little squares:





And just for fun, the ghetto sewing set-up in the living room:



I love how flexible spaces become in New York. :)

P.S. I CANNOT WAIT FOR MY FIRST MYSTERY BLOCK OF THE MONTH BLOCK TO COME!!!! SO EXCITED!

No comments:

Post a Comment